NIKON A1R CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE
Rules and policies
1. The microscope will be operated by trained personnel only. Training is available upon request.
2. Each user must bring their samples prepared for the inverted microscope. Microscope slide sealing (using nail polish) should be dried for at least 12 hours before use.
3. Priority will be given to the main users of the Institute if more than one user is interested in making a reservation for a given time session.
4. Publications including data obtained on the Nikon A1 Confocal Microscope should acknowledge NSF DBI1337284.
Scheduling a session:
1. Reservations should be made two days in advance using Google Calendar ( link ) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Notify cancellations at least 24 hours in advance.
3. Make sure to arrive on time for your appointment. After 20 minutes, the time will be made available for anyone who wants to use the microscope.
4. Confocal sessions should not exceed 4 hours, but if nobody signs up after your appointment you are welcome to stay longer. Booking times are 8:30am12:00pm and 1:00 5:00pm.
5. Book only one session at a time.
Microscope use and image acquisition:
1. Log in to NIS Elements with your user id and password, shared microscope settings can be created and modified by other users.
2. Each researcher (lab) has a folder with subfolders for individual users to save their images during acquisition.
3. Images are to be saved to your personal external drive on the same day taken and deleted from the hard drive. All files will be deleted periodically.
4. Users are responsible for cleaning after each session. Gently wipe the oil immersion objectives with lens paper only.